Monday, May 25, 2009

My First Semester

Looking back on my first semester in an good school in Singapore, I found that secondary school life wasn't as scary as I first imagined it would be.
Basically, to be honest, not many things happened to me. Fortunately enough, the few things that happened were positive and not negative. Most importantly, I managed to appeal out of track and field, not that I did not like it, but I had preferred a more musical CCA, being string orchestra where I play the cello. To my surprise (not being boastful), I was given the task of s1 leader within my first few sessions there and it is indeed an enjoyable experience, being able to play in an orchestra. Sadly, although the orchestra worked really hard, it is unfortunate that we only got a silver at the SYF. Nevertheless, this does not serve as a dampener to our spirits but instead pushes us to strive for better results in the next 2 years.
Teachers here are caring and they teach, which is important. They put in time to prepare the lesson and they are definitely more understanding and resonable.
What negative things happened? Well... Manchester United won the EPL again and being a Liverpool fan... How horrible could that have been? Other than that, everything has been fun and it is indeed a very different experinence from that of primary school life.
My plans for the coming semester and beyond?
1. Try to get MSG 2.5 or below for the end of year results.
2. Try to get cello grade 5 by the end of next year.
3. Read more literature texts.
4. Try to get as many ACE points as possible
And for everyone who has a PSP, do try to buy or download DJ Max Portable or Black Square. Its fun! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment